Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Learned: Clark Lake Berries 09.24.11

*I found out today that my sunset photo is in the running for Favorite Photo of the Month at Through A Photographer's Eyes. I would be honored if you would vote for me, or which ever is your favorite. :o)*

While there is no I Learned from Click it Up a Notch this week I find that reflecting on what I learned can be a powerful experience so I decided to do it any way :o). This week I learned that the community of photographers is not only talented, but generous as well. When I first started blogging and getting to know other bloggers I felt out of place. Most of the photographers I follow, link up with and interact with have kids or pets and take beautiful portraits. I have no kids or pets and I take landscapes. However, the language of photography seems to be a great connector and everyone is so kind and accepting.

This week I was lucky enough to have two encounters that lead me to this realization. One - Melissa who have mentioned is one of the people who led me to start this blog was kind enough to make a video explaining the Lightroom adjustment brush and give me some great information about sharing my photos. It was so helpful and I still can't get over how nice it was of her. Thank you Melissa!

Two - Misty at Through A Photographer's Eyes was kind enough to trade ad space with me. Her blog gets a great deal of traffic and mine is still growing. I really feel like I am getting the better end of the deal and yet she was still willing. If you have not visited her blog, you must. Her photos are AMAZING! Thank you Misty!

And thank you to all of you for reading! I am so happy to have you following along on this journey and welcoming me into the community. I can't wait to get to know you more :o).

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/80, f/5.6 (full manual)
Edited with Lightroom - warmed up white balance, adjusted basic settings and used the adjustment brush to reduce the exposure on the fence (Thanks again Melissa!)
"I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself." - Edward Steichen 


Linking up with these fabulous link ups! Check them out :o).

 The Paper Mama and then, she {snapped}

2 comments:

  1. Oh, those berries are perfectly round and ripe and red. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the colours and textures! Such a warm feel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.