Saturday, December 31, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad 12.25.11

My last post of 2011 is a picture I took on Christmas Day using my new macro filter set. I used it to take a picture of a salad I made with spinach, strawberries, feta cheese, homemade candied walnuts and raspberry pomegranate vinaigrette (not in this picture). I decided to give food photography a try and I must say it is a challenging aspect of photography. My goal was to capture the festive colors and the details and I think I managed that with the macro filter. I am proud of my first try. If you want to see some amazing food photography though, check out Jaymi's stunning photos at Live, Love, Travel.

Have a wonderful evening and see you in the new year!

SOOC Shot
Settings: ISO 800, 35mm, ss1/25, f/4.5 (full manual, tungsten wb, macro filter)
"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." - James Beard

Linking up to SOOC Saturday, check out the other SOOC shots!
SOOC Saturday


4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Emily!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I'm sooooo glad I found you, I LOVE your blog and have already learned so much from you and your "link-up's". Yes, as a beginner in the photography world, there is soooo much to learn and I need all the help I can get! I really appreciate your encouraging words, it gives me motivation to keep going...this is some tough stuff and doesn't come naturally to me....but I'm going to keep try to
    "stay in the game". LOVE the SOOC Saturday link, I hope to join in next week!!
    God Bless,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love food pictures, too!! And yours came out really nice, and pretty!!!

    Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rich salad of strawberries. Delightfully wonderful. I hope you've had a great time for the holidays, I wish you a happy and prosperous new year 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture! It looks yummy! I have a hard time photographing food. I usually get a really awesome photo or a really awful one! No in-between.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.