Sunday, February 5, 2012

Favorite Photo of the Week: Cece in the Snow 1.16.12

I am going to end my snow and ice shots with this one of my dog niece Cece. As I mentioned in my last post, photographing Cece is a challenge for me but something I have been sticking with to hopefully move toward my goal of photographing more human beings, myself included :o). I do have to say that she is a great subject. She is patient and tolerant and doesn't require much in the way of model fees (just a pet and a treat and she is happy). For this shot, we were exploring the backyard during phase one of the snow storm and I loved how she filled up the space on the deck. The textures of the snow and her coat were also intriguing to me. Just an attempt to capture a simple moment with an amazing animal. I would love to know your thoughts...

Settings: ISO 400, 50mm, ss1/400, f/3.2 
(full manual, cloudy wb, SOOC with cropping)
"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley


the long road     Happily Mother After   and then, she {snapped} Sunday Snapshot 


7 comments:

  1. So sweet. We get snow once every 10 years or so, so our animals don't like it. The cats especially are fun to watch as they walk and try to shake the snow from their feet. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet.
    I like your photo very much.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a precious shot! Thanks so much for sharing at "Life as this Mommy knows It"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the colours and the texture of the Cece's fur. Cece looks to be waiting for a play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot. What a lovely dog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.