Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tones on Tuesday #24 2.28.12

"Failure happens all the time. It happens every day in practice. What makes you better is how you react to it." - Mia Hamm

Do you ever have those months when you just can't get out from under everything? That has been February for me. But I have decided that instead of getting down about all of things I didn't do, I am going to start anew and continue my work toward my goals in the month of March. Therefore, I am not going to share any showcases this week. We will start fresh with the regular Tones on Tuesday format next week. For this week, I am going to share a picture and anxiously await your photos :o). Then I will get to do my favorite thing...visit your blogs and Flickr sites and be inspired by your talent! I hope you understand and stick with Tones on Tuesday.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button to your post
  • Leave comments for the other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

My photo is of a recent trip I took to try and de-stress a bit. On the way back from the coast we stopped in Portland, Oregon to take a picture of the city lights. This photo was taken at the end of the Eastbank Esplanade near OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). My goal was to capture the color and the lines. I competed with wind, cold and water that was anything but calm. I am happy with the result though and would love to go back in better conditions. In Lightroom, I cropped, straightened, adjusted many of the basic settings and used the tone curve a bit. What do you think?

Settings: ISO 400, 18mm, ss3.2sec, f/7.1 (full manual, on tripod, tungsten wb)
"Colors answer feeling in man; shapes answer thought; and motion answers will." - John Sterling

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
 Sweet Shot Day  Live, Love, Travel 


10 comments:

  1. wow! Love that landscape! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture. I really like the quotes you have included in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sounds like a sensible approach for the month of march- well done, as you say sometimes it's hard to get up from underneath the negatives. Brilliant photo by the way- and all the colours reflected in the water! Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the lights and the reflection! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot! I haven't been very successful with this sort of photo yet, but I will keep trying!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and suggesting I link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW! I think the colors & lights are awesome & your editing, too!

    Great idea for a meme & thanks for the invite... =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for inviting me over... beautiful photo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.