Saturday, March 24, 2012

Vast 3.18.12

The theme this week at Mortal Muses is "I am." This is the sort of question that could have many different answers and all of them would be accurate. I am a daughter, a sister, a friend. I am a teacher and a learner. I am a photographer. I am a perfectionist. I am a hardworker. I am loyal and caring. I am simply me. 

As the quote below says so beautifully, all I can do each and every day is be the best me I can be. From there I am but a small boat in the vast ocean that is the universe.

Settings: ISO 200, 18mm, ss1/400, f/7.1 (SOOC)
Intent: The vastness of being on the ocean and the amazing sky

Lightroom Clean Edit
Intent: Make the colors pop 
(removed spots and adjusted basic settings and tone curve)
"There is only one thing for us to do, and that is to do our level best right where we are every day of our lives; To use our best judgment, and then to trust the rest to that Power which holds the forces of the universe in his hands." - Orison Swett Marden



SOOC Saturday  Scenic Sunday  

13 comments:

  1. I like your LR edits... beautiful skies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and I love the quote. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a beautiful blue sky...and the clouds were just perfect!

    -r1-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you brightened it up. What a beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love your edit. That sky is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photo! I love the way you changed it up in the second shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you tell us what PP you do on the photos, so thanks for that. Right now, I just cannot get my head round LR, but I do like what you seem to do with it, so maybe I need to re look at it, especially as LR4 has just come out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the LR edit too! Very nice edit!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. great shot and really beautiful edit!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shot and edit! I use lightroom as well, I'm following your blog so I can learn more :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.