Monday, February 11, 2013

Tones on Tuesday #65 2.12.13

Shiju at Cranium Bolts
Stunning detail on the flowers and the vibrant color in the background is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us Shiju!

I love the soft glow, the warm light and the interesting perspective! Beautiful capture Tina!

The details here are exquisite and the selective coloring plays them up beautifully! Thank you for linking up Linda!

Shiju, Tina and Linda please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one is for Tones on Tuesday. If you link up more than once only the first photo will be considered for showcasing.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link back here to your post.
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

This weekend I was very excited to see that the weather was going to be sunny. However, as is the case often with weather where I live, the sun was isolated to one spot. I was not to fear, though, because there is always another place within driving distance where the weather will be different. In this case, it took driving across the mountains and through some fog to get there. I will be sharing those "sunny" photos later this week. For today, I chose a foggy field I just had to pull over to take a picture of, it was calling to me. I love how the fog seems to be dancing across the field. I did an HDR process in Photoshop. I am still getting the hang of HDR as it is the focus for my Reverse 365 this month. I continue to struggle with how much is too much. What do you think?

Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/1200, f/11
"The fog is rising." - Emily Dickinson

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley  

10 comments:

  1. Wow - these shots are magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a while since I have been here. But wow! What an awesome selection this week and I love your photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx so much emily ♥ i´ve put you to my gallery and also to my sidebar. congrats to all the winners. and your foggy pic is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindas e delicadas imagens, realmente surreal! Um abraço!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just marvelous...every single one of them! I am now following you! I will try to join in next week on this meme.

    I love the colors, perspective and focus on every single shot! They're stunning!

    I hope you have great day!
    Jackie
    http://expressionsneeded.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added you to my blog roll and also grabbed both badges for my link page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, there is just such gorgeous art work here. Thanks for hosting again this week.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful collectn, thank you for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea for a challenge! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your featured photos! The colors in the first one are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.